A PTA is a partnership between parents and educators who strive to enhance student learning and enrich the lives of the students within the school. It is also a forum for parents to obtain knowledge and voice their opinions about what is happening in their school. The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages.
Here are just a few:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. (As a member, you will receive informative emails that will keep you connected and informed!)
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parenting is not easy - it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events – all vital to a school’s success.
- Be A Role Model. Set a good example for your kids by being involved yourself. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Why To NOT Join:
Hmmmm…. Can’t think of any!
Great Wolf Lodge
LaQuinta Inn & Suites
SeaWorld San Antonio & Aquatica
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Six Flags Over Texas